Pokelog is an offline, macOS companion app for Pokemon GO – think of a highly customized spreadsheet for analytics. It started mainly as an IV calculator, but it has evolved to the following purposes that I personally find useful:
- catalog and organize your Pokemon
- determine best move sets
- find good raid attackers
- compare moves quantitatively for both gym and trainer battles
- find each Pokemon’s type advantages and disadvantages
- determine exact level/IVs based on CP, HP, and Stardust
- see pokedex stats at a glance
- macOS v10.9 or later
- Internet connection: The latest GAME MASTER file is downloaded, if necessary.
Pokelog is freely available for download and use. If you find it useful, donations are welcome; and for amounts of at least $10, you will be a licensed user.
The GAME MASTER (GM) files are stored in your Library folder. The GM file format has changed and can change at any time. If it changes and Pokelog cannot parse it, you may try loading an older GM via the FILE menu. Your previous GM is kept as backup, but you can try any GM from PokeMiners. Otherwise, please notify me so I can update Pokelog.
- <~/Library/Application Support/org.zzz0.Pokelog/game_masters/>
There have been a few different efforts in decoding the GAME MASTER file, with varying JSON output formats. Pokelog initially supported all formats, but some decoders have stopped. The decoding process is an arduous task requiring constant maintenance. I am grateful to all the efforts. Thanks to: